History & Milestone
History & Milestone
2018In July 2018, Nirvana Center Kuala Lumpur (NCKL), Asia’s first integrated memorial center which hosts funeral parlours, columbaria, a café lounge, a temple and event spaces, commenced operations.
2017In September 2017, we commenced the sales at Nirvana Memorial Park (Medan), Indonesia.
2016In Oct 2016, Nirvana Asia Ltd was privatised and delisted from the HKEx. Tan Sri Kong Hon Kong, the Founder of Nirvana through his company, Rightitan Pte Ltd, and CVC Capital Partners (“CVC”) are now the two largest shareholders in the Company. CVC is a leading private equity and investment advisory firm having a network of 24 offices throughout Europe, Asia and the U.S.. CVC currently manages over US$33 billion of assets around the world. In December 2016, Nirvana Memorial Park (Klang) was launched in Selangor, Malaysia.orld.
- In February 2015, Nirvana Asia entered into a cooperation agreement with Huizhou Longyan, to tap into the China bereavement care service market.
- In July 2015, Nirvana Asia’s made its first foray into Vietnam.
- In September 2015, we expanded into Indonesia’s third largest city, Medan.
- On 17 December 2014, Nirvana Asia successfully listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- In August 2013, Blissful-Nirvana Memorial Park (Bukit Mertajam) commenced operations in Penang together with Blissful-Nirvana Memorial Park (Sungai Petani) in Kedah, Malaysia.
- In December 2013, we established our subsidiary, Nirvana Memorial Park (Thailand), to develop a cemetery in Thailand.
- In July 2012, a columbaria at the Kek Lok Si Temple under the name of Nirvana Memorial Park (Penang), Malaysia commenced operations with other related bereavement care service and products.
- In December 2010, NV Multi Corporation was privatized by NV Multi Asia.
- In January 2009, our columbarium in Singapore, now known as the "Nirvana Columbarium", commenced operations.
- In September 2008, Nirvana Memorial Park (Tiram) commenced operations in Johor, Malaysia.
- In September 2007, Nirvana Memorial Park (Shah Alam) commenced operations in Selangor, Malaysia.
- In the third quarter of 2005, Nirvana Memorial Center funeral parlours commenced operations at Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- In September 2004, Nirvana Memorial Center funeral parlours commenced operations at Sungai Besi, Malaysia and the "White Ladies" funeral service package was introduced here in November 2004.
- In July 2003, Nirvana Memorial Park (Sibu) commenced operations in Sarawak, Malaysia.
- In August 2003, we commenced our bereavement care service products and services and memorial park development in Karawang, Indonesia through our 51.00% equity interest in our Indonesian operating subsidiary, PT Alam Hijau Lestari.
- In September 2003, Nirvana Memorial Park (Segamat) commenced operations in Johor, Malaysia.
- In April 2001, Nirvana Memorial Park (Kulai) commenced operations in Johor, Malaysia.
- In January 2000, we expanded into the integrated bereavement care service market in Malaysia.
- 23 August 2000, NV Multi Corporation was listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia (then the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange).
- In September 1999, we began providing bereavement care services in Malaysia.
- In November 1997, Nirvana Memorial Park (Kota Kinabalu) commenced operations in Sabah, Malaysia.
- In June 1991, NV Multi Corporation acquired Nirvana Memorial Park Sdn Bhd.
- In October 1990, Tan Sri Kong and his business partner commenced development of our first memorial park, Nirvana Memorial Park (Semenyih) in the Selangor district of Semenyih, Malaysia, through Nirvana Memorial Park Sdn Bhd.